Sunday, September 19, 2010

UPDATES!!



Umm, yeah. I have neglected this blog for a while, so it's time for some updates...

**I am still a Karen's Body Beautiful addict!!

**I am no longer co-washing. I find my hair and scalp does better if I just wash. If I'm going to wear my hair out, washing gives it more body and movement. Co-washing can actually weigh my hair down, even with the lightest condish.

**I am still bunning. My hair is in a bun most days, hugely due to laziness. It's easy. It's cute for work. It's classic. It's protective. I love it.

**My hair routine (or lack there of) now:
I wash when I feel like my scalp needs it - usually every 4-6 days. I don't put washing on a strict schedule. I use Karen's Body Beautiful Ultimate Conditioning Shampoo and Deep Conditioner, then put on a bit of Karen's Super Silky - my hair has that great 'seaweed' feel with just a dime-sized amount of Super Silky. Then I use a tiny dab of Aubrey Organics B-5 gel or Oyin Handmade Shine & Define on the front of my hair and twist it back in a bun.

I also wash if I'm going to wear my hair out (which I don't do nearly as often as bunning), even if my scalp isn't saying, "Wash me!!" My wash-n-go is truly a 'wash'-n-go. A fresh wash is necessary. I use the same products, but detangle with a large tooth comb in the shower before rinsing out the conditioner, and apply Aubrey Organics B-5 gel all over my hair (after the Super Silky) before letting it air dry. I can get 3rd day hair, and wash on the 4th. After wearing my hair out it feels more dry than when bunning, so following 3rd day hair, I leave all of the conditioner in and let it sit while my hair is in a bun as a lazy deep conditioning treatment (if I am returning to a bun, which I usually do). I also have to detangle thoroughly after wearing my hair out for a few days.

If I am going to straighten (really rare), I wash with Karen's Body Beautiful Herbal Conditioner and condition with her Herbal Conditioner. Afterwards, I apply a very small amount of Super Silky on the ends only.

So that's it. For the most part I listen to my hair. If it feels on the dry side, I don't rinse out my conditioner, just bun it up with the product in there. From time to time I will also use a heavier product than Super Silky, either the Sweet Ambrosia (formally known as Hair Milk) or Hair Nectar, but ONLY when bunning.

When I deep condition (using the amazing pink, heated deep conditioning cap Rachel got for me), I use Karen's Luscious Locks Hair Mask. I should do this more often. It's been a few months...

Stay beautiful!!




Pic 1 - 3rd day wash-n-go hair - traveling and tired!!

Pic 2 - My straight hair; Rachel's curly curls:)



No comments:

Post a Comment